But if I say, “I will not mention him or speak any more in his name,” his word is in my heart like a fire, a fire shut up in my bones. I am weary of holding it in; indeed, I cannot. – Jeremiah 20: 9
Is Faith Really a Good Thing?
Turn on the TV, go online or stream music, and it may seem like there is no place for faith in our culture. People — especially young people — will share just about any detail of their personal lives, except when it comes to their faith. Many are reluctant or even embarrassed to share how their faith makes them who they are.
Despite this trend, there are tens of millions of Americans who still value their faith tremendously, and they want to make faith more visible. Thanks to a fast-growing social media movement (www.FaithCounts.net) people, regardless of their religion, are openly celebrating their faith — because they believe faith is a very good thing. How is faith good? Let us count the ways.
1. Faith inspires, empowers and comforts billions of people the world over. And that makes people of faith happier.
2. People and organizations are motivated by their faith to help millions of people every single day, in soup kitchens, hospitals, schools and homeless shelters.
3. People of faith live longer.
4. People of faith are more engaged in civic life.
5. People of faith are more likely to be law-abiding citizens.
6. People of faith are more generous and charitable.
7. Faith has the power to add deep spiritual meaning and help people survive the most challenging times.
And last but not least, a basic teaching of every major world religion asks that we treat others as we ourselves would want to be treated. If more people followed this Golden Rule, that alone would be a positive influence on society. And that’s reason enough to promote the value of faith.
What does the future hold for faith in America? Nobody knows for sure, but those who value their faith can help push back against current trends by visiting www.FaithCounts.net and sharing with friends. FaithCounts.net showcases compelling stories about faith through videos, uplifting quotes, articles and images. Hopefully, more people will feel inspired, and ultimately feel good about expressing how their faith makes them who they are.
These are small steps, but they are making a big difference, and FaithCounts.net can help restore the value of faith in America.
Learn Biblical Hebrew Online!