In our final installment of Finding Joy in the Word I want to take a look at several more scriptures that refer to the joy you receive from reading and obeying the word.
– “You have loved righteousness and hated wickedness; therefore God, your God, has set you above your companions by anointing you with the oil of joy.” (V. 9)
– GOD has set Jesus above all things obeying him is the only way.
– We are in the last days, so be wary (v.2)
2. Romans 14:1-23
– “For the kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking, but of righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit”. (V. 17)
– You, then, why do you judge your brother? Or why do you look down on your brother? For we will all stand before God’s judgment seat. (V. 10)
– Therefore let us stop passing judgment on one another. Instead, make up your mind not to put any stumbling block or obstacle in your brother’s way. (V.13)
3. James 4:1-12
– Or do you think Scripture says without reason that the spirit he caused to live in us envies intensely? (V.5)
– But he gives us more grace. That is why Scripture says: “God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble.”:
“But he gives us more grace. That is why Scripture says: “God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble.” Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Come near to God and he will come near to you. Wash your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded. Grieve, mourn and wail. Change your laughter to mourning and your joy to gloom. Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up. -James 4:6-10